Thursday, May 17, 2007

Cheers!

Hello people,

Today,I write the topic about alcohol. Sake? No no,I don't like sake. So,this topic is not Japanese but my particular hobby.

From a year ago,I get wrapped up in making a cocktail. It is very interesting,because it is very profound.

I have the recipe of cocktail as follows.

with Gin:
Martini
Singapore sling
Gimlet
Mgnolia blossam

with Tequila:
Margarita
El diablo
Tequila sunrise
Matador
Brave bull

with Rum:
Cuba libre
Daiquiri
Bacardi

Unfortunately,I can't drink vodka. So, I don't know how to make the vodka-based cocktail.

Well,in this time,I will introduce the recipe of "Margarita",it is tequila-based cocktail. Ingredients are 2 ounces tequila,1 ounce cointreau,1 ounce fresh lime juice,a wedge of lemon and coarse salt.

The recipe is ...

1. moisten outside the rim of a cocktail glass with a wedge of lemon and then roll the rim in the coarse salt.


2. In the cacktail shaker, combine the Tequila,cointreau,fresh lime juice,2 or 3 ice cubes,and shake it well.

3. Pour it into a cocktail glass!!



It tastes very good,but it contains very strong alcohol.

Be careful not to drink too much or you will have a hangover next day.

2 comments:

Taro said...

Hi I like Martini!
Before long flight, I order Martini in the Airport with remaining local bills..so I can sleep well in the plane.
Do you know about "absinthe"? I love cocktail that include a quater glass of absinthe. The name is "Earth Quake".
I tried to find absinthe in the Philippines but I couldn't find it...
I just find "Pernod" there..

yskw said...

Hi taro san,
Martini is so good,isn't it? But it's very strong. In the near future,I will write about martini!

I know absinthe. But I had never drink. It looks strong alcohol!